Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are applying for in the subject line.
**(Benefits offered for full-time status include PTO, medical, IRA match, amazing shift meals, and access to RMNP pass)
Current Job Openings at Fire Mountain Programs:
Part-Time and Outpatient Residential Therapist (Could move to full-time within 1 month)
Join our expanding team at Fire Mountain Residential Treatment Center in gorgeous Estes Park, Colorado. Fire Mountain sits on 35 acres just outside of Rocky Mountain National Park. With gorgeous landscapes and access to outdoor adventures, our program works with adolescents, ages 12-17 who struggle with addiction and mental health issues. We are a 4-6 month program and an outpatient program. We work extensively with youth and their parents to help them learn coping skills, alter negative thinking patterns and develop healthy communication.
The Therapist will carry a caseload of residential and/or outpatient clients and provide weekly individual and family therapy. This position will conduct 1 multi-family group every Sunday evening and may conduct 1-2 therapeutic groups per week. Other responsibilities will include documenting all session notes, concurrents and treatment plans in a timely manner. The ideal candidate for this position is an individual who loves to work with adolescents and families, has excellent time management skills and can incorporate experiential and outdoor elements to therapeutic interventions.
Qualifications and Education
- LPC, LCSW, LMFT or similar (or within 6 months of hire)
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Clinical Social work, or Marriage and Family Therapy or equivalent.
- 1 year of prior clinical experience working with at-risk youth providing individual and group therapy.
- Six months prior experience conducting family therapy sessions.
- Experience with utilization review and insurance companies
- Working knowledge of the following: child and adolescent development needs/behaviors, treatment plan development, family systems, mental illness diagnoses, and addiction and insurance documentation standards.
- Basic knowledge of and willingness to learn and improve upon insurance requirements, including proper documentation and assessments
- Ability to translate the latest evidenced-based models into practical counseling, behavior management, and intervention skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to understand overall business needs when approaching systems implementation and departmental operations.
- Ability to respond to the most sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
Full-Time, Part-Time, Overnight, and PRN (Relief) Milieu (non-licensed) Technician
Mental Health (non-licensed) Counselor Summary:
The Mental Health Technicians provides active treatment training and support services to individuals with addiction and/or mental health problems served by Fire Mountain RTC in a residential setting. Active treatment training and support services are provided in compliance with the individual treatment plan and through duties assigned to assure the delivery of necessary support services. At all times, Mental Health Technicians complies with licensing and/or contract agreements.
Qualifications for Mental Health (non-licensed) Counselor:
- High school diploma or similar and 1 year of experience in the human services field, or at least 2 years of a college education.
- Ability to exhibit strong boundaries with compassion
- Must be at least 21 years old
- First Aid/CPR required once hired (class can be provided by Fire Mountain); QMAP or willingness to take the class required, and CAC I or II welcome.
- Background check required.
PRN/Part-Time Kitchen Staff
The Part-Time/PRN Kitchen Aide will work up to 20 hours per week, depending on scheduling needs. Duties include preparing meals for residents, their families and staff, food prep, and light cleaning duties. Some weekends and/or evenings may be required. Pay is commensurate with experience.
We welcome applicants who recognize the kitchen is the heart of any home and are interested in creating healthful, nurturing meals. Successful candidates will need to pass a background check
Marketing Internship (part-time/unpaid)
Marketing Intern Summary:
We are seeking a high energy, self-motivated, organized individual who is able to multitask, prioritize, and think outside the box. Based in beautiful Estes Park Colorado, this part-time internship opportunity will help you grow in your field, develop/refine your MarComm skills, and enable you to make an impactful difference in the lives of struggling teens.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Marketing Intern:
- Contribute to social media planning and implementation
- Assist with building and managing an editorial calendar
- Help write content for blog posts, newsletters, web pages, and publications
- Research marketing and advertising opportunities
- Help plan for conferences and events
- Assemble quotations, videos, product capabilities, slideshows and the like to
- Upload material to the website, social media pages, online libraries, and marketing department databases
Multidisciplinary Secondary Teacher (part-time)
Multidisciplinary Secondary Teacher- Language Arts & Social Studies Summary: This teacher will be responsible for creating and implementing curricula in Language Arts and Social Studies. The existing curriculum is well developed and is currently a theme based exploration that focuses on the Hero’s Journey in literature, film and in the students’ own lives. The Social Studies curriculum is integrated into LA and other disciplines.
Qualifications for Multidisciplinary Secondary Teacher:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Psychology, or a related field
- Experience in secondary education: teaching and creating curriculum
- Experience with at-risk youth, especially in a residential/therapeutic setting
- Experience teaching in an alternative school environment
- Teaching certificate (endorsements in any of the areas listed below)
- Experience teaching language arts, especially the Hero’s Journey, and/or social studies
- Experience teaching special education
Instructing for Multidisciplinary Secondary Teacher:
- Instruct classes as needed, according to skills and job offer
- Provide and/or update curriculum pertinent to classes taught
- Substitute teaching opportunities– classes on an as needed basis
- Utilize innovative, experiential and effective approaches that address a variety of learning styles
- Assist in developing and maintaining a positive learning environment in the classroom
- Assist in enforcing rules and disciplinary action with compassion without engaging in power struggles (Love and Logic, Motivational Interviewing are examples.)
- Assisting with identifying different learning styles of the youth
- Aide in accommodating students if needed/requested