Teen Recovery Curriculum
Substance Abuse Recovery
- 12-Steps modified for teenagers
- Narcotics Anonymous and/or AA meetings 5-7 days per week
- Focus on Natural Highs Healthy Risk Taking
- Weekly attendance at Natural Highs Class
- Substance abuse and self-destructive behavior Relapse Prevention curriculum
Counseling and Family Program
- Weekly individual counseling sessions
- Group therapy 3-4 times per week
- Family sessions 2-4 times per month (in person or by phone)
- Development of a Coming Home Contract
- Identifying true friends vs. “frenemies”
- Understanding how to get needs met (“The Attachment Cycle”)
- Self-responsible communication skills (language that conveys taking responsibility for one’s part in relationships and stating needs in a mature way)
- Dragon Fire Life Skills Curriculum (download syllabus)
- Job skills and resume building
- Passion projects
- Daily Fitness: yoga, cross fit and martial arts
- Nutrition and cooking classes
- Whole foods diet
Wilderness Therapy and Travel
- 3-5 day backpacking, camping, rock climbing, snowshoeing or rafting trips per month.
- Occasional cultural immersion trips to New Mexico to meet with Chicano and Native American teenagers
- Annual volunteer trip to Mission Wolf
12-18 hours per week are dedicated to catching up, keeping up or getting ahead in school.
The transition home and the six months to a year after a program are critical times for teens and families. We have a menu of options for aftercare from which to choose.
- 6 weeks of weekly aftercare sessions with a Fire Mountain counselor are included with tuition
- 6 and 12 month programs are available for both local and out of region families.
- A detailed menu of affordable options will be emailed upon request.