Counseling and Family Program
- Individual counseling sessions- 1-2 times per week
- Group therapy 3-4 times per week
- Family sessions 4 times per month (in person or by Skype)
- Development of a Coming Home Contract
- Quarterly Parent Weekend programs
Substance Abuse Recovery
- Relationship focused therapy as a means to getting needs met without substances
- Substance abuse and self-destructive behavior Relapse Prevention curriculum
- 12-Steps modified for teenagers
- Daily addiction/mental health education groups
- Natural Highs Curriculum-weekly
- Identifying true friends vs. “frenemies”
- Understanding how to get needs met (“The Attachment Cycle”)
- Self-responsible communication skills (language that conveys taking responsibility for one’s part in relationships and stating needs in a mature way)
- “Man-School” Honor, respect, and relationship tips for the boys.
- Dragon Fire Life Skills Curriculum (download syllabus)
- Renting Apartments
- Human Behavior
- Passion projects
Job Skills and Resume Building
- Organic Gardening
- Volunteering (Can easily be used for community service)
- Commercial Kitchen- food prep to dishes
- Daily Physical Conditioning: Yoga, cardio workouts, hiking and martial arts
- Nutrition and cooking classes
- Whole foods diet
- Western medical traditional and holistic medicine
- Lots of time spent in nature
- Equine assisted programs: Two workshops per month at Medicine Horse
- Exploration in Rocky Mountain National Park and surrounding national forest
- Clearing and stacking wood for fire mitigation projects
Our school program includes the following classes accredited by Blueprint Education:
- English: The Hero’s Journey – .5 credit
- Life Skills – 1.0 credit
- Physical Education – 1.0 credit
- Outdoor Leadership – 1.0 credit
We provided certificates for the following classes:
- Commercial Kitchen and Culinary – Certificate for 120 hours
- Art – Certificate for 60 hours
- Psychology – Certificate for 60 hours
- Horticulture – Certificate for 60 hours
Total possible credits = 3.5 + Certificates Issued. We will work with your school counselor to help with applying certificates to your teens current high school plan.
We are currently undergoing our own school accreditation with AdvancED.
The transition home and the six months to a year after a program are critical times for teens and families. We have a menu of options for aftercare from which to choose.
- 6 weeks of weekly aftercare sessions with a Fire Mountain counselor are included with tuition if insurance runs out or you are on private pay status.
- 6 and 12 month programs are available for both local and out of region families.